NatureBridge Teen Environmental Education Mentorship Applications Now Open
January 03, 2020 -
March 31, 2020
March 31, 2020
Deadline for application
Teen Environmental Education Mentorship (TEEM) is an environmental education leadership program for high school students in the San Francisco Bay Area. TEEM participants develop an understanding of environmental education hands-on, through field trips, stewarding our Marine Lab, having one-on-one mentor relationships with our seasoned educators and leading fun, educational games with elementary school students.
Students must be able to meet every Tuesday or Thursday afterschool until 7:30 during the school year and attend one weekend event per month (September 2020 - May 2021). No prior experience is necessary, and transportation will be provided from Marin City and Park Presidio and Geary in San Francisco. Students will earn a $500 stipend for participating.
In order to apply, candidates must:
- Be in high school for the 2020-2021 school year.
- Able to attend TEEM summer training, which includes an overnight camping trip, and a retreat in October. Dates will be available next year.
- Be able to meet every Tuesday or Thursday after school until 7:30 p.m. during the school year (you are allowed three excused absences and the opportunity to “switch” Tuesday/Thursday days when necessary).
- Be able to arrive to one of the following pick up locations: Park Presidio and Geary in San Francisco by 3:50 p.m., Marin City by 4:10 p.m., the Marin Headlands by 4:30 p.m.
- Able to attend one weekend event per month, September 2020–May 2021.
Applications for 2019-2020 TEEM are due March 31. To apply, please submit our online application, mail your PDF application or email Karli Cowman at email@example.com to schedule a phone application.
A Spanish application is also available.
Email Karli Cowman at firstname.lastname@example.org